Battery maintenance is one of the most important things you can do to ensure your battery- operated equipment will give you the performance and run time you need to get your job done. In fact, it’s one of the most neglected and overlooked part of the whole system and can lead to costly repairs if not checked and maintained on a regular basis.
As a rule of thumb: Always have qualified maintenance/service personnel wearing PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) check your batteries every pay day following the simple procedures listed below.
1. Open the vent caps and look inside the fill wells.
2. Check the electrolyte level, the minimum level is at the top of the plates.
3. If necessary, add just enough distilled water to cover the plates at this time and reinstall the vent caps.
4. Important - DO NOT OVER WATER.
5. Put batteries on a complete charge before adding any additional distilled water.
6. Once the charging is completed open the vent caps and look inside the fill wells.
7. Add distilled water (never add acid) until the electrolyte level is 1/8" below the bottom of the fill well. For plus series batteries, add distilled water to the maximum water level indicator. Refer to the diagrams to the right.
8. Clean and reinstall the vent caps.
Windsor is a leading manufacturer of commercial grade cleaning equipment, offering a full line of commercial scrubbers, sweepers, vacuums, floor machines and more. Click here for more information on Windsor and it's products.
Marketing Communications Specialist
This article is also categorized under the following: Windsor | Commercial Vacuum | Commercial Scrubber | Commercial Extractor | Commercial Burnisher | Productivity | Commercial Sweeper | Innovation | Floor Care Equipment