It seems Floor machines & Burnishers have been around forever. These machines are the solution for treating hard floors with rotating disc pads or disc brushes. Luckily today’s consumer has many options when looking to tackle these tough jobs including highly productive stand-on machines. Take a closer look at these floor machines & burnishers below.
Why use a disc machine?
The only way to do a deeper, more intense cleaning on sticky floors with tough dirt is with the increased mechanical action provided by a disk machine. These powerful, yet small machines can even take off coatings and strip floors. This is necessary so they can be re-coated and polished to look like new again. Floor machines are low-speed machines used for scrubbing, stripping, or polishing. Burnishers are high-speed machines for polishing high-gloss surfaces. Both machine types are great for restoring life to worn out floors made of natural stone, wood, tile, VCT, etc.
What should you look for in a disc machine?
• needs to be safe to handle during operation
• should provide good ergonomics and user-friendliness for long cleaning intervals
• needs to be easy to balance and control so cleaning will be more efficient
• should be compact for storage and easy transportation
• accessories need to be easy to change (brushes, pads, tank, vacuum bag, etc.)
When to use what kind of disc machine?
Low-speed floor machines should be used for floor scrubbing, deep cleaning, stripping, and wood grinding.
are needed for polishing high-gloss surfaces. As always the correct pads or brushes need to be used with your floor surface.